A NOTE ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19).
As many of you have heard on the news, there are growing concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19. Please know that your safety, health, and well-being is of upmost importance. I will continue to provide services to clients as I also put in place policies to ensure your health and safety. To that end, please follow the guidelines set forth by CDC and WHO such as washing hands thoroughly, minimize contact with large crowds (more than 50), and monitor symptoms such as dry, hacking cough, fever of 101 degrees or more and shortness of breath. For more about symptoms and prevention, feel free to go to CDC and/or WHO website.
Also, APC may ask a series of questions to ensure the safety and well-being of all our clients. We are also taking the following steps to ensure your health and safety:
- The building restroom is being cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Sanitizing wipes and/or liquid are provided in the office and in the lobby area.
- Sanitize lobby area daily.
- After each session, I will wash and sanitize my hands thoroughly as well as sanitize all door knobs and other surfaces in the office.
- I will make available online sessions for those who desire using secure, encrypted and HIPPA-secure software (i.e., Clocktree).
- Waive any late cancellation fees for the remainder of March 2020 due to COVID-19 reasons.
- Refrain from shaking hands with anyone and maintain proper social distancing.
- Remove candy jars and close down usage of coffee station.
We ask that you also take steps to ensure your safety, health, and well-being and do the following:
- Notify me should you desire to have online sessions.
- Refrain from shaking hands with others.
- Regularly wash your hands for a minimum of 45 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Do not share snacks/food from packets or bowls.
- Do not attend sessions if you find yourself to be symptomatic or having any respiratory illness. We will convert your session to online.
- Avoid travel to countries listed by CDC and/or contact with others who have traveled to CDC countries.
Thank you and stay safe and well.
Valerie Kuykendall-Rogers, MA, LPC-S
Ascent Psychotherapy Center