It Takes a Village
- Are you the parent of a black child/adolescent and have questions about how to support them during these trying times?
- Do you desire support from other parents of black children?
- Want tips, strategies, approaches on topics specific and unique to black children?
Then join me and Aisha Davis, LPC-Intern, Supervised by Valerie Kuykendall-Rogers as we develop and co-facilitate a 12-week virtual group for parents of black children entitled It Takes a Village.
Topics covered include:
- Internalized Racism/Inherent Biases
- School System Shortcomings
- Mental Health
- Social Media Influence
- Healthy Communication
- Action Steps
- And much more
Join us starting Tuesday, August 18, 2020 from 6:30-8:00 PM (Virtually)
Registration is required to attend and seats are limited. Select REGISTRATIONto participate.
- When: Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- Time: 6:30-8:00 PM
- # of Meetings: 12 weeks
- Type: Closed support group (i.e., no new attendees allowed after 2nd meeting)